Elemental Fire Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Finisher Guide for Direct Damage and Pin Finishers

2 posters

Go down

Quick Finisher Guide for Direct Damage and Pin Finishers Empty Quick Finisher Guide for Direct Damage and Pin Finishers

Post  Von Ryan Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 am

Hi folks,

I've recently responded to a fellow federation wrestler whom asked me for finisher advice. When I wrote my advice and it was all done and over I'd realized I'd written a little finisher guide. I decided to put it here for anyone else whom might want to take a peek at it. It does not cover submission finishers (maybe some tech might want to add sub finisher tips to this guide?). What it does cover is what I feel is the basics of a good solid Direct Damage or Pin finisher. Some may disagree with this guide others may agree, its all in how you like to play and what your style is. TWG forum is full of tips if you want to do your own research (and I'm sure alot of you already have) but you have to do some digging usually.

FIRST OFF:

OK, there are several different theories to how to make a good finisher. I use most of the basics for mine. It really doesn't matter what class you are, except tech, when it comes to making finsihers because they are all pretty much following the same rules. Also, you probably won't hit legendary until you level up your finisher some.

HOW MUCH ADRENALINE:

Probably the most important rule is to have your finisher's required adrenaline equal to your adrenaline gain x 25. Some people say x20 at lower levels and some say x30 at higher levels. I like the middle ground. So say you had a 25 adrenaline gain you should make a finisher with 625 points (25x25=625), maybe more points if you want to grow into it.

HOW MUCH DAMAGE TO ASSIGN:

Damage min and max should be tight to do consistant good damage, example: 30 min 35 max. As you level the finisher your damage min - max will look great.

HOW MUCH ATTACK BONUS TO ASSIGN:

Some peeps say attack bonus sucks for finishers, others say its good. I put attack bonus in my finishers because I don't see how it won't help. I put 30 - 40 attk bonus on my finishers, up to you what you do. Obviously if your lower level you can't afford 30-40 attack bonus, so change your finisher later when you can afford it (if you think attack bonus is worth it).

HOW MUCH PIN TO ASSIGN IN PIN FINISHERS:

If your using a pin move ONLY put 1 in the pin bonus. The theory here is that pin bonuses are crap and don't really help very much, if at all, in TWG.

HOW MUCH BLEEDING BONUS TO ASSIGN IN DD FINISHERS:

Always add at least 1 point in bleeding if your doing a DD finisher. Add more than 1 point if your one of those First Blood type of wrestlers or if you just like to see your opponent bleed alot!

TWO FINISHERS?:

If you use a pin move make sure you also have a DD finisher also, the DD should level up faster and do more damage. Set the DD finisher to go off earlier like always or when the opponent is green. Set the pin finisher to go off later in the match like blue or orange so you can get the win.

WHAT CONDITION TO SET YOUR FINISHERS AT:

Pin moves should be set to be used when the opponent is stunned because that is when he is most vulnerable to pins (or so I've read the theory is, not sure about that).
Set DD finishers to hit groggy opponents or bent down. Setting it to hit grounded opponents hits you hard in the adrenaline usage but your finisher should pop off more times overall.

ONCE SET a GOOD FINISHER LEAVE IT ALONE:

Once you start to have alot of levels on a finisher its often best to leave it be or you will lose alot of exectutions and be kicking yourself due to making you finisher weaker. (Sometimes ALOT weaker)

WHEN YOU LEVEL UP A FINSHER:

When you level up a finisher only level up the damage. Believe me, being consistant on this tip will lead to much better damage and satisfaction.

EXAMPLE"

Here is an example of what your finisher should look like much later on.... I haven't changed these finishers in probably 6 months so you can see how they grow if you just leave them be and keep leveling the damage only.

THE KEY IS GETTING THEM SET UP RIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Example of my DD Finisher (level 53)

Damage: 2658,93 - 3663,72 Attack Bonus: 40
Bleeding % chance: 1
Required Adrenaline: 626
Required Wrestler Status: Dark green (70%)
Required Position: Groggy

Example of my Pin Finsiher (level 29)
Damage: 559,03 - 652,26 Attack Bonus: 40
Pin Bonus: 1
Required Adrenaline: 610
Required Wrestler Status: Blu (55%)
Required Position: Stunned

Again, there are many theories to finisher creation. Do what you think is best. Most important, HAVE FUN at TWG!!!!

-Von Ryan

Last edited by Von Ryan on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:34 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed typos)
Von Ryan
Von Ryan

Back to top Go down

Quick Finisher Guide for Direct Damage and Pin Finishers Empty Re: Quick Finisher Guide for Direct Damage and Pin Finishers

Post  SpeedHawk Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:32 pm

wow, you surely have a lot of executions!

Why is it so important to have such a narrow range of damage? Mine is a bit wider (and still a lot lower), but I save a lot of adrenaline due to that and still have a good damage output!
and besides, if my move hits from, say, 500 - 2500 instead of 1200-1200, then I have a greater chance of doing more damage and only a smaller chance of doing less?

SpeedHawk

Back to top Go down

Quick Finisher Guide for Direct Damage and Pin Finishers Empty Re: Quick Finisher Guide for Direct Damage and Pin Finishers

Post  Von Ryan Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:04 pm

Mosty its done for constancy. You always know that when your finisher hits your doing x amount of damage. If you have a wide range in your finishers damage your finisher could be hitting the low end of the damage spectrum and cost you the match. Also, when you level up your finishers damage the smaller the number you start with the slower its going to increase.

Really though its just a personal choice.
Von Ryan
Von Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down