Elemental Fire Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's left of the flag... (Important !)

+11
Damien Darkness
Snake
Hemorrhage
Dynamite
stray
Suf Mysterio
James Young/ Bodders
Arch Reaper
Z Rapper
arcticterror
Kaluani
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What's left of the flag... (Important !) Empty What's left of the flag... (Important !)

Post  Kaluani Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:18 pm

Hey dear roster!

I don't exactly have the words on how to formulate this, but it has to be said:

This sunday will be EFW's last show.

I was thinking about this a long time and yes, it is the final decision I have to come up with. There are so many factors playing into this, that I cannot name them all, but to make you understand why the EFW is closing its doors at the end of this, it's third season, I will talk about some of them...

Let me first tell you that I am awfully sorry about this. I really wanted (and still want) all the people that are here to stay together and active, to keep all the bonds that have been knitted together, but still, this place has lost its own existence in this somehow. It is now only a shadow, a place filled with people that want to hang around together, but still, most of them are just sitting at their respective corner and watching the whole scenery.
But it is as it is: How many really active Rp'lers do we still have? Especially those that have been with the EFW from the beginning?
We have about 6-7 people I would call active RP'lers, that hand in their RP's for most of the shows they are in (two for example being Damien Darkness, Arch Reaper). From the ~45 wrestlers, there are only so few that do really participate. In regards to the time we, the (V)GM's invest into a single show, this feels like a little hit with a punch. It takes us several hours to complete a full show, and the people in the show don't even invest the few minutes it takes to do some RP to fresh a show up. Sad, but true.

Another part of the problem is this work. I am away from monday-thursday by now (university), go working on fridays, that leaves my free time for the weekend. I have to do the federation stuff on those 2 free days. Great - but I still do have enough private stuff to do in that time... Taking care of things, housework... and I still have other hobbies besides TWG. That's a harsh thing to say, but keeping a high-standard show running does cost way too much ressources. You would probably need a team of so many people that 20% of the federation does know the whole show beforehand. And in that respect, for EFW, it would mean that all active people would know the show (as they would be VGMs) - so they would make the shows for themselves. It somehow doesn't fit.

The EFW was starting from a bad point right from the beginning. we lost 3 great VGM's due to bad luck or strange circumstances. (Devastator, Mike Bent, Z Rapper / el cart) I still don't know what happened to two of them, and I can just tell that all three did a great job "Behind the scenes". Still, they were lost and I was left alone with a pile of work suddenly. I started to recruit new VGM's, but every time I did I somehow got the feeling I was starting to grab at people that were very, very few, aka active people. Right now, we have some great VGM's (you guys know who you are!), but still the work is simply not divided like it should be. And I suppose it simply will never be. no matter how good your thoughts and plans for the whole work-dividing are... they never seem to work out.
Then we had the entrace-crash which deleted about 90% of all EFW-shows. Just as if the EFW never existed, like all the work put into our first PPV's hasn't been made... All -more or less- in vain.
That really pissed me off and shoved me into a deep pit of de-motivation.

Alas, all that's left to say:
I am sorry.
Thank you all for a great time. I really enjoyed having my "own fed" for the last 3 seasons, but the EFW simply never became what I wanted for it to be and somehow was followed by a bad star right from the beginning.

I will give a free contract breach to all of you, simply ask me for those.

Thanks again for all what you did.

With kind regards,

Truly, your GM Kaluani
Kaluani
Kaluani
Admin

https://efw-board.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

What's left of the flag... (Important !) Empty Re: What's left of the flag... (Important !)

Post  arcticterror Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:08 pm

so I out of a job again huh? Sad I guess I really don't understand how hard it is to be a GM. am i bad luck or something? This is the second fed Im in that's shut down. I guess this is really it though, unless someone wants to make another federation Very Happy The NWWA is completely full so we have no choice but to go our seperate ways. I really feel like this is the end of something great, I don't know where I'll end up but I know that any federation would be extremely lucky to have any of you in them. Guys like Arch Reaper and Leon, you guys do the best RP's I've ever seen, you desreve to be in the highest paying feds because thats where your skills lie. I'll miss all you guys and if you have any idea where your headed I'd be more than willing to follow.

Sincerely,
Arctic Terror
arcticterror
arcticterror

Back to top Go down

What's left of the flag... (Important !) Empty Re: What's left of the flag... (Important !)

Post  Z Rapper Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:51 pm

*sigh*

We all understand...

But now I have nowhere to go.

Oh well. It was good times while it lasted. Maybe next summer we can get all together again or something.
Z Rapper
Z Rapper

Back to top Go down

Post  Arch Reaper Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:54 pm

I guess it's true when they say all good things comes to an end. But this came to an end too soon. This was my first fed ever and I feel honored to be a part of it. I really enjoyed every feud I had here. M.Page was very funny to work with, Speedhawk just pulled the most bizarre, funny and awkward moments around here and I was just starting one with Arctic Terror but unfortunately it won't be possible because I know we would bring the house down with intense RP's. I want to thank Kaluani for accepting me on his roster and all the work he did. It's not easy to be a GM and it's even harder when the roster doesn't help at all. Even with the most brilliant VGM's it's not possible to create a solid show without the participation of at least 3/4 of the roster and we saw that fact in the last couple of weeks. I understand that real life is more important than this but to create a RP doesn't take that time from your life. It was the only thing that Kal and the VGM's asked for, RP's. It's a shame that some people didn't realize that this was a fed full of great talent and didn't try to bring this fed to an upper level. But anyways, now it's just too late to complain and it's sad to see this wonderful fed coming to an end. A Fed that made me realize how funny is to create storylines and RP's.

Again i wanna thank Kaluani for this oportunity he gave me and I hope when you guys create another fed or go to another fed, just remember to invite me to the same one, because working with you was very cool (Kaluani, Von Ryan, Yellow Girl, Arctic Terror, Boders, Damien Darkness, M.Page, Speedhawk, Dynamite and Funny Boris) Hope we could stick together on the same Fed in the future.

AR
Arch Reaper
Arch Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post  arcticterror Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:18 pm

Just scanning the shows Reign Of Action and Hybrid Pro wrestling seem to be pretty well made might go to one of them.
arcticterror
arcticterror

Back to top Go down

Post  James Young/ Bodders Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:43 pm

After reading this a few hours ago, I wasn't sure what to say. But now I do.

I would like to say how wonderful it has been to work with someone as brilliant as Kal, in both UNWA and EFW for over a year now. Others who are included in this list are Leon Heart, Yellow Girl, Von Ryan, Bruiser Bob, Stray, Distor, Alexis LaCoeur, Hemorrhage Damien Darkness, and others who I have known for over a year now, and have worked for and with for over or around a year now.

I would like to say thank you to everyone with I have roleplayed with over this time, for I have had a wonderful time working with you. And have made this time even more special.

Even those I have not had a chance to roleplay with, Arch Reaper is easily included on this list, I can easily see you doing well in higher federations for this I can see great things in you.

Oh and before I forget, I might have 'accidentally' applied to be a GM, yes big shock, but, it has been done. I know that this will take up alot of time, but I am prepared to do this, (even though I go to college) and would be prepared to offer a few jobs, if I become a GM in the future.

But after everything that has been done, I thought that I might as well do something with my life, cause it really boring at the moment, that and I'd be happy to do this sort of thing.

Yours Sincerely

Bodders.
James Young/ Bodders
James Young/ Bodders

Back to top Go down

Post  arcticterror Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:39 pm

I was thinking of becoming a GM in the future as well, after I had done some VGM'ing for other feds, but if you start up one then I will defiently join
arcticterror
arcticterror

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaluani Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:22 pm

Thanks for all the kind words so far, people.

I really feel guilty for all this happening (again for some of us), but well... It is like it is.

It was an honor to work with most of you, and all of those that were in this fed, don't let yourself be caught with some poor jobber contract.

For those of you that are interested in how much work a show is and that think about applying as a GM: I wish you all the luck you want. With a rough sketch and overview, i think a normal show with 10 commented matches, a good welcome / Good Night segment, filled with wrestler cards and videos and some RP-segments (let's say about 5) should usually take about 8 hours to complete as a whole.
For PPV's its a completly different matter, depending on the standard you are applying.
Surely, this is all depending on how good you want to do your work. You can do commentary and editing for a match that takes several hours (I usually have that when making up PPV matches or stuff like that), or you can just scrabble them down or let a match be shown without anything (which gives a lot free time). But making a show on the standard of a good EFW show? I would guess between 8-9 hours.
Kaluani
Kaluani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Suf Mysterio Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:33 pm

bye bye EFW, not even been in this fed for a full season and yet im going to miss this place so much. the question is where will suf go? Sad Sad Rolling Eyes scratch well i hope everyone finds a place for themselves Very Happy ill just be training for another month
Suf Mysterio
Suf Mysterio

Back to top Go down

Post  stray Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:16 am

First and foremost, I would like to apologize to Kal. I know I haven't been doing a lot of RP's as I could have, and I'd like to extend the excuse of kind of being paired up against inactive, wrestlers for the most part, and on top of that being in the sort of predicament I was in(Too strong perhaps to be in mid-tier, too weak per se to be duking it out with the top-tier guys)... Still, I could have likely done more and better, so I'm sorry. It's been great working with you Kal, along with everyone else here in the EFW. May we all hopefully find a place to call home, that will feel like home.
stray
stray

Back to top Go down

Post  Dynamite Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:07 am

What can you say? It's been fun. Met some really interesting people that got me really involved in this game, and as a VGM. Kal, Yellow Girl, Von Ryan, Russian, Arch Reaper, Speedhawk, Damien, Hemmorage, Roy Jones, Z Rapper, the new comer suf sorry buddy, and everyone else.

Kal you ran a hell of a show, you're hard working and at times...life creates a new path.. congratulations on a fed well done, and all your hard work... your passion shows through your words...

Thank you, and thank you all -
Keep in touch!

Derek "Dyno-mutt" Dunn
Dynamite
Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post  Hemorrhage Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:15 am

What's left to say? I think everyones covered pretty much everything. Being a GM is one hell of a job and I completely understand your decision. Just hope that I can stay in touch with you guys in some other Fed. Cool
Hemorrhage
Hemorrhage

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:06 pm

I did wonder how long it would be before this choice was made so its no huge surprise to me. Sad to see it go since I enjoyed the shows even if I was never really all that active. Best of luck to everyone.
Snake
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Darkness Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:32 pm

I'll miss all of you guys and gals, and we'll hopefully get together in another fed (whether it's run by Bodders or someone else). I enjoy being an active RP'er, and felt at times that the inactivity of some of my opponents made for issues with my matches. However, it never stopped me from giving to every match I was in.

Best of luck to all of you in whatever new fed you may choose to go to. No matter what, remember these two simple words...EVIL ROCKS!!! Twisted Evil

DD
Damien Darkness
Damien Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rapping Russian Boris Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:54 pm

It must be me....that's 3 feds now....

In any case, I wish you all the best of luck, and know that we had some of the best shows out there.

And Dynamite, don't lose my number man....if we have to team up somewhere else to obliterate people, so be it Smile
The Rapping Russian Boris
The Rapping Russian Boris

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaluani Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:48 pm

*sigh*

I am really sad now.

I have been contacted by several GM's. i told them who has been working hard here and that some would be best to "buy" in bundles. (I.E. Hawk + Reaper + Arctic Terror).
I do not know if and who will contact you guys, but make sure you all get to a "TWG-home" that fits to you. It's a shame that making good shows is so much work.

I will miss you all,
Kaluani
Kaluani
Kaluani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  arcticterror Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:05 pm

Thanks for a putting out a good word for us. Just curious but what are you going to do? A for speedhawk and Reaper would you guys want to see if we could get an arangement to all be in the same fed?
arcticterror
arcticterror

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Heart Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:55 pm

Hey kal, the man thing is you gave. It a go and produced good shows with it. I am sorry for my own lack of rp'ing over the last few months but I felt Leon never worked here for one reason or another and that was the main reason for retiring him, I felt I would be betraying efw if I moved him elsewhere.

Now I am not sure what to do? I may keep Leon and give him a go somewhere else that has others near his ws.

Good luck with the future Kal and to evertyone else, there is a home for us all out there somewhere!

Gone but not forgotten, Here's to EFW!i

Leon Heart

Back to top Go down

Post  King Killer Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Sad

King Killer

Back to top Go down

What's left of the flag... (Important !) Empty I could recommend a good Federation

Post  Lightsoul Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:21 am

Guys,

I know what it's like to lose a good federation from my past experiences but I'd like to point out NWWA since it has some of the excellept RPers doing there. I wouldn't mind going there to keep you guys together in NWWA. If you want to know. Feel free to buzz me or buzz Mr. Minder who's the GM of NWWA unless any1 of you have a personal vendetta against him. then my sincere apologies.

be seeing you around, rest assured Lightsoul will be walking tall Smile
Lightsoul
Lightsoul

Back to top Go down

Post  stray Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:45 am

The only problem I see with NWWA is that it's just about full. (at 48 last I checked, and I'm guessing feds can only hold up to 49?). So the only way some of us, if any of us were to join, Mr. Minder/etc/etc/etc would have to kick some people out. xD

As far as Stray goes, dunno where he's off to. I've so far only been contacted by GM BoD of Pure Adrenaline Wrestling, and been sent a contract from GM Jeremy Alsop of Oceanic Pacific Wrestling.
stray
stray

Back to top Go down

Post  James Young/ Bodders Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:49 am

So. Should I delete my contract, since I never renewed it?
Since there's not going to be another season with EFW anymore?
James Young/ Bodders
James Young/ Bodders

Back to top Go down

Post  arcticterror Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:17 pm

Myself and Arch Reaper are now members of BackYard Wreslting Battlegrounds. not crazy about the name but it's an active fed and well made. it think theres 3 or 4 spots if any one else wants to come over.
arcticterror
arcticterror

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Darkness Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:32 pm

I am now a member of the NWWA.

DD
Damien Darkness
Damien Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post  James Young/ Bodders Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:03 pm

Hey guys, I just got a killer idea!
What if a group of us makes feds and hires loads of guys with low Wrestler Scores
We could compare with each other from time and again
It will be almost like we're seeing who can do the best you know?
It's almost like we're raising some guys from bottom and getting them to the top!
I could almost say that's what my 2 year journey in TWG has mostly been about
I'm curious about what you guys will say about my idea in all honesty.
James Young/ Bodders
James Young/ Bodders

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum