Elemental Fire Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job proposals - searching for VGM('s)

+2
James Young/ Bodders
Kaluani
6 posters

Go down

Job proposals - searching for VGM('s) Empty Job proposals - searching for VGM('s)

Post  Kaluani Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi dear members!

In order to keep a really good show running, you need a lot of working power behind the scenes, this is a fact I learned in the UNWA. And since we all want to keep this federation running as long as even possible, we need to get the work divided.
I have made my mind up with how to divide the work more or less evenly between all the people working behind the scenes, and that would leave me with myself as a GM and 4, maybe 5 VGMs. That sounds like a lot, and it is in fact, but that is the amount of people that I think is needed to keep a good show without one person spending several hours a day to create them.

Right now, there is officially me and Von Ryan as (V)GMs.

So, for now, I am searching for people who are interested in simply doing nothing than commentating (and maybe do a little editing here and there) 3 matches per show. That makes up for most of the matches and 3 matches should be a do-able amount for everyone.

If there is anyone that thinks he wants to do that, I am more than happy to get his application here or via PM.

If you want to apply, you should have the following qualifications:
A) You have a good grasp of the english language
B) You are happy to help with the shows and be an important part of it
C) You know how our formatting works or can get into it
D) You have about 2-3 hours spare time (maybe you won't need that much, but with formatting and such 1 and half an hour per show is a good guess, I think) per week.

Don't worry too much about those, we are all there to help you and will surely give any advice and helping you need. Especially the technical stuff can be explained, as long as you are interested in keeping that up. But taking off the commentary of the shoulders of the GM / VGM is a big part of helping and will be a first good step to keep the EFW alive a long time. (And all of the VGMs healthy!)

Last edited by Kaluani on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaluani
Kaluani
Admin

https://efw-board.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Job proposals - searching for VGM('s) Empty Re: Job proposals - searching for VGM('s)

Post  James Young/ Bodders Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:35 am

I might help out, to get a feel for it you know?
But still I'll be happy to help out.
Though one question
What you mean by how our formatting works?
James Young/ Bodders
James Young/ Bodders

Back to top Go down

Job proposals - searching for VGM('s) Empty Re: Job proposals - searching for VGM('s)

Post  Kaluani Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:01 am

Well, about what VR wrote here as well - making the "-" between sentences, putting speech and stuff in bold and italic and such.
Kaluani
Kaluani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Young/ Bodders Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:03 am

Hmmm. I think I know how to do it.

James Young wedges his father's arm in between the folded steel chair
-
And soon starts stomping on the chair aiming to break the older man's arm executing a LEGENDARY Arm Breaking Chair Stomping!!

Like that??
James Young/ Bodders
James Young/ Bodders

Back to top Go down

Post  stray Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:43 pm

As far as the "-"'s go, yeah.

As for the rp format, the top part shouldn't be in red or bolded, unless it was part of the attack, in which it should all be connected with no spaces inbetween.
stray
stray

Back to top Go down

Post  James Young/ Bodders Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:51 pm

Well ... shows ya that I still have much to learn, don't it?
James Young/ Bodders
James Young/ Bodders

Back to top Go down

Post  stray Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:53 pm

Perhaps. But there's no fun if you know it all. : D
stray
stray

Back to top Go down

Post  James Young/ Bodders Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:57 pm

True, and it's not good if you win all the time either.
James Young/ Bodders
James Young/ Bodders

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Clerk Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:12 am

One of my alter-egos might be interested in a VGM's job - but not yet.

As for the requirements, A and B aren't a problem. Neither is C, as I'm a swift learner. D shouldn't be a problem either after the summer.

But then there is E: I'll be spending most of the summer in the countryside with no computer access. And even editing my own RP's is practically impossible with my mobile phone.

So this was basically a heads up for Kal - I will most likely be available as a VGM after the summer (late August, early september, maybe). PM me Kal, if you want to know, who the VGM-candidate is.
Jimmy Clerk
Jimmy Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post  True Thug Thompson Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:27 am

Ive been a VGM twice but i was mainly considered a GM. I can help if its needed. I know how things go.
True Thug Thompson
True Thug Thompson

http://www.truethugthompson.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaluani Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi !

Thanks to all the offers so far!

Right now, we are having a look at how it goes and what happens in the first weeks. I have some people in mind and I may re-nominante 1-2 Commentary VGM's during the season!
Kaluani
Kaluani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaluani Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:45 am

Hello fellas!

So far, EFW is going towards its third season and we had a lot of up's and down's already. I had some really great VGM's, but two of them suddenly and surprisingly left (Jimmy / Devastator) and after our last season, I really started to feel my old bones (although I am not that old already Razz ). Investing up to 3-4 hours per show, twice a week, in addition to the GM-only stuff, which also takes some time (a bit more than I expected it to.)

My team of VGM's is great and wonderful, but there is only so much work everyone can do. By now, the team could need one or two more people helping out with commentating and small editings to get everyone with an equal amount of work. We all would be happy if there would be some more people willing to get this great place running in the best quality one can offer.

All the "requirments" are listed in the first post. (Even though they're more adequate guidelines than requirements, really. Main thing is you're able to write something in english and you are willing to get into the rest).

Hope to read your "application" here or in my PM folder. Thanks so far!
Kaluani
Kaluani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Napoleon Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:41 am

I'd like to try again, last time i was flushed with summer work and literally couldn't gain access to the internet. Now i can easily donate 2-3 hours a week. Smile
Napoleon
Napoleon

Back to top Go down

Post  James Young/ Bodders Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:08 am

I'd be happy to help out, I've got the time to be able to come on at least 2-3 hours per DAY, so time isn't an issues, mostly on Tuesdays, cause its my day off.

Though my mind might not be the .. sanest at times (due to love of sugar). I have a lot of idea stuck in my head waiting to be used, and being a roleplayer is something i love to do, so yea, i would love a chance to do this job.

My English is .. well good, considering I'm English i guess, and the fact I'm just recently done an English course, I would like to think that I have a good grasp on the language. A few minor spelling mistakes here and there isn't going to hurt anyone is it now?

I think I know how the formatting works, if not, well I can learn. Where would society be if we didn't learn anything hm? Not using computers that's for sure.

Anyway, being able to have a chance to help out with the show would be something I would love to have a chance of doing.
James Young/ Bodders
James Young/ Bodders

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaluani Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:45 pm

Congratulations to Bodders and Napoleon. You both will find a short PM about what to do next Smile

Thanks for all the other applications. We might come back at you if it is needed, but for now we think we can do the job Smile
Kaluani
Kaluani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down